Monday, October 15, 2012

Diagnostic


Every time people move they have to get used to the new place as well as the climate. I used to live in a country where it was always hot, the Dominican Republic. In this place all four seasons where hot and humid, even in winter which is the coldest season in many places of the world.  However, I remember that some years it felt chill and I had to wear a jacket to go to school in the mornings, and when I had to go out in during the nights. Years later, I had to move to the United States, but I did not have an idea of how the environment was going to be. When I got here it was summer, so I thought it was like in my country, but later on I noticed it was getting cold and cold as the days when on. I also remember that I told my mother that we would freeze because ever time I had to go out it was insanely cold. Then, when I saw the first snow storm I was terrify because outside looked like it was a huge freezer full of snow, and everybody used to laughed about the crazy things I used to said. furthermore, it was very hard for me to get used to that type of environment because I had to wear to much clothes, fight with the cold, and struggle with the snow all over the place. But what make this situation worse at the beginning of all the years I had been in this country, was that every time it is cold even  in my country I used to get sick. Meaning that with this horrible weather, until the present day, I am always sick during the entire winter. So, that is something that remains me of country which I miss with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment